Inspired By Locals Industry Toolkit
All the resources your business needs to get involved and leverage this campaign.
How To Use This Toolkit
This toolkit will help your business to benefit from ‘Inspired By Locals’, which is designed to support, re-ignite and positively impact the Greater Hamilton visitor economy.
We want potential visitors to hear our stories, meet our people, be compelled by our experiences and come for a visit when the time is right.
Together, we will cultivate ambassadors, generate awareness for our region and drive economic activity through our Buy Local, Book Local and Connect Local initiatives.
Your toolkit features free resources to use in your own social media, print collateral or to refresh your websites, including:
We’ve also highlighted 5 Easy Ways you can support your region through this campaign right now.
Together, we truly do achieve more, so we urge you to use this campaign to grow your business, and our region.
Campaign Brand Book
Your visual guide to the campaign, including guidance on using our logo elemetns, fonts, tone of voice and some tips for your own visual content capturing our People, Places & Products.
Your two-page summary of the campaign concept, objectives, audiences, implementation and industry engagement.
make use of these
Our fresh photography, logo elements and videos are ready for use on social media, in emails, on your websites and in printed collateral. For help accessing or using these resources, contact us!
How to Get Your Business Featured
Contact our Visitor Experience Team to have your Greater Hamilton-based business listed in:
– Buy Local – containing businesses with eCommerce platforms
– Book Local – containing registered accommodation providers
– Business & Community Directory, communicating how you’ve changed the way you do business during COVID-19
Call 1800 807 056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
leverage social media
When posting to Facebook and Instagram we recommend tagging us @VisitGreaterHamilton, and make your content more visible by using the hashtags #VisitGreaterHamilton #InspiredByLocals.
WORDS TO INSPIRE
Words have power- they can inspire and prompt action. To have a real impact on our visitor economy, our region needs to band together and convey a similar message. You may like to consider using phrases similar to the below examples when communicating about the region, whilst retaining the unique personality and brand of your business that your audience has come to love.
CONNECTION OR LOCALHOOD
– We’re so lucky to call the Greater Hamilton region home.
– I’ve recently been inspired to enjoy my nearby…
– We always feel so relaxed and rejuvenated after…
– I love where I live, and you will too!
– So many incredible experiences in our very own backyard.
– We can’t resist sharing this insider tip with you…
– Shhh, this is one of our best kept secrets…
– Re-discover Greater Hamilton and see it in a whole new light
– We love uncovering new delights in our hometown
– See for yourself when you discover…
– Seek out the secrets of our region
– It’s time well spent exploring…
SUPPORT OUR REGION THROUGH THIS CAMPAIGN
Five Easy Ways
1. Post on social media and engage with our Facebook and Instagram accounts @visitgreaterhamilton, using #inspiredbylocals.
2. Tell people about inspiredbylocals.com.au… email your database, ring your mum, tell your customers. Word of mouth is a powerful tool!
3. Share our content, or create your own. Email a link to the eMag (below), share your favourite blog posts, videos or local images, or share your local secrets. Help to promote our wonderful region!
4. Keep customers updated. Make sure your business listing in the Business & Community Directory, Buy Local or Book Local is up to date, and check businessgreaterhamilton.com.au for other ways we can support your business to attract and retain customers.
5. Send a postcard! Invite your friends and family to stay by personalising our free postcards with a message and plan a trip when it is safe to do so. You can collect them from:
- Hamilton Cafés, the Regent Florist and the Hamilton Spectator.
- Post Offices and agencies in Balmoral, Branxholme, Cavendish, Coleraine, Dunkeld, Glenthompson and Penshurst, or Cafe Catalpa in Tarrington.
Want to take it a step further?
Be an active local ambassador! Leave reviews for your favourite attractions on TripAdvisor and Google, for our social accounts, or connect with us to talk guest blog posts and collaboration!