Now is the time to be investing in your business, your people and your skills, ready for a strong bounce back once this pandemic is under control.
We have curated the best opportunities for local businesses upcoming in the next few weeks, plus links to excellent sources of information for future online workshops, free webinars, and even an industry-specific Friday ‘pub night’!
Business Resilience Workshops
By Melbourne Innovation Centre
Instead of attending small business workshops in person in Hamilton’s MJ Hynes auditorium, local businesses can tap into expert knowledge and get individual help with the challenges you are facing from the comfort of your home. Engaging online workshops are just one of the key resources offered by the ASBAS Digital Solution program, delivered by the Melbourne Innovation Centre.
Upcoming workshops include:
- 20th May – Rapidly Transition Your Business Online
- 27th May – How To Keep Customers During COVID-19
- 3rd June – Marketing on Social Media During A Crisis
- 10th June – The Digital Pivot: How to Take Your Traditional Business Online
- 24th June – Market With Empathy During A Global Crisis
- 1st July – How To Keep Remote Workers Engaged
Online workshops are not limited to just ASBAS Digital Solutions members. Any business or individual with an ABN and fewer than 20 employees can take advantage of these excellent online workshops for FREE, facilitated by experienced business people from across Victoria.
Register for a replacement online workshop at melbourneinnovation.com.au. You can also join the broader ASBAS Digital Solutions program for a one-off $55 fee, which gives you access to ALL of the online workshops on offer, plus a 2-hour one-on-one mentoring session, access to the online learning portal and interactive webinars.
Briefings & Workshops on Resilience & Digital Opportunities
By The Victorian Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Online opportunities include:
- 21 May 2pm – Free Mental Health Essentials Webinar on ‘Supporting Positive Mental Health In The Workplace During COVID-19’
- 27 May 2pm – Digital Opportunities Roadshow– A FREE virtual workshop covering developing an online presence, understanding and using digital tools and managing your cyber security and safety plan.
- COVID-19 Business Webinar – A FREE weekly briefing hosted by Chief Executive Paul Guerra plus a different guest speaker each week to share knowledge and answer your questions.
- Building Resilience Virtual Workshop – 3.5 hour training course covering challenges associated with social distancing and isolation alongside self-awareness and self-management strategies ($310 for members, $375 non-members, no GST).
See the Training page at victorianchamber.com.au for more details.
Tourism Industry Opportunities
The Victorian Tourism Industry Council keep an up-to-date list of online training opportunities, news sources and resources to benefit our State’s tourism organisations on their COVID-19 page. Upcoming highlights from this list include:
Tourism Australia Coronavirus Webinars
Free weekly webinars featuring presenters from across the tourism industry, government, health organisations and businesses. You can sign up to upcoming webinars and watch back-dated recordings of the first three at tourism.australia.com.
Road To Recovery Tourism Tutorials
Free 45-minute online tutorials by the Australian Tourism Export Council designed to help the tourism industry be ready for bounce back, with topics including rebuilding your tourism experiences for the domestic market, social media, video, email marketing and more.
Travel Industry Hub – Survive and Revive Events
Free webinars, chats and other sessions aimed at assisting individuals and businesses in the travel and tourism sector, with the aim to create a supportive community that transcends the current shakeup of the industry.
Sessions include everything from weekly Friday night virtual drinks at the “Travel Industry Pub” to webinars you can re-watch anytime on video marketing, LinkedIn, mental health, communicating during a crisis and personal finances. See more at thetravelindustryhub.com.
For further support from our Economic Development and Tourism Team on the challenges you’re facing as a business in the Greater Hamilton region, chat to our team.