Looking for a little inspo to get your family out, about and enjoying the greatness of Greater Hamilton. Well, look no further. We have compiled an exceptional list of family-friendly activities, all located within this fantastic region. Here are 20 of Greater Hamilton’s fun and family-friendly activities.
1. Kick the footy on the pristine Melville Oval, Hamilton.
2. Take in a flick at the Hamilton Cinema, showing the latest blockbusters including the best family films to date.
3. Stop and smell the flowers and potentially see at peacock at the Hamilton Botanic Gardens.
4. Enjoy a lively stage show at the Hamilton Performing Arts Centre.
5. Ride the rails at Hamilton Model Railway Museum.
6. Fish – Camp – Walk at Rocklands Reservoir, Balmoral.
7. Climb Mount Picaninny, Dunkeld. This climb is a more gentle incline, suitable for little legs.
8. Splash about at Hamilton Indoor Leisure and Aquatic Centre (HILAC).
9. Spot a platypus at the Grange Burn Wetlands, Hamilton; the site of one of the districts healthiest populations of the platypus.
10. Take a dip at Nigretta Falls, Coleraine.
11. Walk amongst the bandicoots at HIRL Parklands and Bandicoot Enclosure.
12. Wander Wannon Falls, Coleraine.
13. Swing to new heights at the Lakes Edge Adventure Playground, Hamilton.
14. Test the ninja skills of the family at the public Paterson Park Ninja Warrior fitness course, Hamilton.
15. Get up close and personal with the animals at Sheepvention’s petting zoo.
16. Discover the wonders of the volcanic era at the Volcanoes Discovery Centre, Penshurst.
17. Skate up a storm at the Hamilton Skate Park.
18. Fish for a rainbow trout at the Dunkeld Arboretum. Rainbow Trout are released into the ponds twice a year, providing easy access for anglers.
19. Take a self-guided tour of Tarrington’s hay bale art in November.
20. Grab a show bag at the annual Coleraine Show.