The Greater Hamilton Region is facing unprecedented challenges as we navigate through this pandemic together.
We know the plethora of information and advice produced daily can be overwhelming, and that our businesses need immediate support for the issues they are facing right now.
In this rapidly changing environment, Southern Grampians Shire Council is implementing immediate support for businesses. However, delivering the longer-term strategic projects required for our region to bounce back also remains our priority.
We have created a COVID-19 Portal for residents to access a single point of truth in relation to local information and business support.
The portal contains the Business & Tourism Support Hub, providing access to regularly updated resources, including:
- Business Mentoring; Free 1:1 business mentoring sessions by experienced independent advisers, assisting businesses to access financial packages & counselling services.
- Quick Reference Guide ; a regularly updated outline of financial support and relief packages for business from Governments, Banks and the Australian Tax Office.
- Digital Assistance Program; Free 1:1 support from Digital Marketing experts to provide individual assistance to businesses to ensure they are well-positioned to survive and bounce back from COVID-19.
- ECommerce & Website Packages; Subsidised eCommerce website packages and email templates to enable businesses to get online quickly.
- Business As Unusual Campaign; an eye-catching new print and digital campaign including shop decals, posters and paid advertising alongside the Greater Hamilton Regional Business & Community Directory, designed to promote how local businesses have adapted to the challenges of COVID-19.
Local business/community members have the opportunity to participate in the above initiatives. All details are contained within our COVID-19 Portal; www.businessgreaterhamilton.com.au, which hosts these resources alongside:
- Business & Tourism Support Hub, containing up-to-date information and resources to assist Greater Hamilton businesses, including the Bulletins, Quick Reference Guide and other initiatives offered to support businesses.
- Greater Hamilton Regional Business & Community Directory, containing updated listings of business offerings, innovative activities and service changes during COVID-19, including activities to keep your mind, body and soul healthy.
- COVID-19 Business Support Bulletins; weekly bulletins highlighting timely information, opportunities and resources for the business community.
- Greater Hamilton Business & Tourism – COVID-19 Facebook Group, for communication between business, Southern Grampians Shire Council and our Visitor Experience network.
Council also continues to work on several longer-term Strategic Projects to ensure the Greater Hamilton region is poised for a strong recovery. Find out more about these key projects, spanning infrastructure and public and private investments, on Council’s website.
Our team is here to support you in any way we can. To discuss how we can help, please get in touch.
P: 0409 797 446