The Branxholme Cemetery, located six kilometres north east of the Branxholme township to the north of the Glenelg Highway, is a large reserve on an elevated site. It is the only cemetery associated with Branxholme, and its earliest burial dates from the mid-1850s. There are several important memorials within the cemetery, particularly those from early Pastoral Runs surrounding the township. The graves are grouped in the conventional manner, according to denominations.
Due to the large number of early settlers settling in the area, the cemetery is a great place to track family history and learn about Branxholme’s founding families.
The cemetery is well maintained and easily accessible with vehicle access into the cemetery where there is plenty of space for parking.
Phone: 1800 807 056
Branxholme Cemetery Road off Henty Highway, Branxholme